RULES AND CONDITIONS
- The school board of managers reserves the right to change the teaching plan within the agreed framework of tuition.
- Under tuition it is compulsory for students to arrive on time and to be present during lessons. An absence of over 15% will result in forfeiture of the graduation diploma.
- The school management reserves the right to change the above if a special agreement are made between the student and the daily management.
- The school’s rules of general conduct must be followed.
- When the student is admitted to the Scandinavian Academy of Fashion Design, he or she is committed to deliver tasks to the specified time, otherwise this will be applied to the final diploma.
- All year-assignments must be submitted and approved to be set for the exam.
- The school expects that students have access to a sewing-machine outside the school.
- The school expects each student to have their own computer or laptop.
- The school has copyright to work made in school context.
During the school year there will be current expenses for materials and study tour. After confirmation of enrollment the student is committed to payment of the whole school year with the following exceptions:
If a student leaves the school during the academic year, the student forfeits as following:
- Cancellation before the start of the academic year (not however if the student is replaced by another): Enrollment deposit of 4,000 DKK.
- Suspension of studies during the first 3 months: Fees for the first term.
- Suspension of studies after the first term: Remaining school fees for the year.
Should the school be closed because of fire or other force majeure, the school is free of responsibility, compensation or reparations, as such events lie outside its control.
Teaching starts in the middle of August, and ends late June. In addition, the week of Copenhagen Fashion Week is reserved for graduation show for 6th semester.
There are calculated approx. 10 hours of homework per week in addition to normal teaching time.
Tuition takes place from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 14.30, including a 30 minute lunch-break. Tuition is given in English and Danish. School holidays generally follow the danish school year.
During the education, it is mandatory that students meets on time and are present during lessons. In an absence rate above 15%, the student could not be set for the exam and not be allowed a diploma. Is the students absences so large that this is a nuisance to the teaching and the other students, the school reserves the right to expel the student if the student has not responded to previous reminders and warnings.
When the student is admitted to the Scandinavian Academy of Fashion Design, he or she is committed to deliver tasks to the specified time, otherwise this will be applied to the final diploma. All year-assignments must be submitted and approved to be set for the exam.
The school arranges a second-semester study-tour of 4-8 days with a guide to Paris. The price of this tour is not included in school fees.
There must be a minimum of 15 participants.
Students who can present a medical certificate documenting disease on exam day, can access the re-examination.
Subsequently, do the following:
- 1. You must personally seek medical attention immediately after you have left the exam room. That has to be the same day.
- 2. Provide medical evidence of the disease in the form of a certificate. This certificate must state the date or period in which you are/have been ill and that you contacted the doctor later on the exam day. It is generally advised that the certificate contains a diagnosis. Note that you have to pay for the issue of the medical certificate.
- 3. Send the certificate as soon as possible to the school via email to email@example.com.